Alexander DeVolpi, Ph.D. Physicist: Attending graduate school under the GI Bill, I became a PhD physicist, entering the esoteric domains of nuclear reactors and weapons — and later arms control and treaty verification. With pockets of famine, civil injustice, wars of liberation, suicidal ideologies, natural disasters, other global instabilities — who needs a return to Cold War brinkmanship? Decisionmakers, be cautious! Maybe these recollections will demonstrate how difficult it was to contain the nuclear-arms race as it grew more alarming, more expensive, and more consequential.
Latest from John Shanahan
- GEH receives federal funds for BWRX-300 development (World Nuclear News) USofA
- Rejecting carbon colonialism (Paul Driessen, David Wojick, CFACT) USofA
- Move Beyond the Linear No-Threshold Theory for Low-Dose Radiation (J Cardarelli II, B Ulsh) USofA
- Man-made contributions to global warming (Ed Berry) USofA
- Wind Energy in Germany (Edgar Ocampo Tellez) Mexico