Alexander DeVolpi, Ph.D. Physicist: Attending graduate school under the GI Bill, I became a PhD physicist, entering the esoteric domains of nuclear reactors and weapons — and later arms control and treaty verification. With pockets of famine, civil injustice, wars of liberation, suicidal ideologies, natural disasters, other global instabilities — who needs a return to Cold War brinkmanship? Decisionmakers, be cautious! Maybe these recollections will demonstrate how difficult it was to contain the nuclear-arms race as it grew more alarming, more expensive, and more consequential.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Sacrifice de Fessenheim (Michel Gay) France French Français
- Humans are destroying the world (Union of Concerned Scientists, William Ripple) USofA
- Paris Climate Agreement - A fairytale's failure (Vijay Jayaraj) India
- Nuclear Energy and Health: Low Dose Radiation (J Cuttler, M Pollycove) Canada USofA
- Why are we so afraid of nuclear radiation (Jerry Cuttler) Canada