Alexander DeVolpi, Ph.D. Physicist: Attending graduate school under the GI Bill, I became a PhD physicist, entering the esoteric domains of nuclear reactors and weapons — and later arms control and treaty verification. With pockets of famine, civil injustice, wars of liberation, suicidal ideologies, natural disasters, other global instabilities — who needs a return to Cold War brinkmanship? Decisionmakers, be cautious! Maybe these recollections will demonstrate how difficult it was to contain the nuclear-arms race as it grew more alarming, more expensive, and more consequential.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Rare Earths mining pollution in Mongolia (Tim Maughan, BBC) UK Mongolia
- SEPP Summary of Richard Lindzen at GWPF on man-made climate change (Ken Haapala) USofA UK
- Energy Security and Sovereignty (Rob Jeffrey) South Africa
- Need to wear old clothes, forgo heat, air conditioning, travel (CBS) world
- Global Warming for the Two Cultures (Richard Lindzen, GWPF) USofA UK