Vijay Jayaraj, M.Sc. Environmental Science. Research Associate for Developing Countries for the Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation: Developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America face the uphill task of reducing mortality due to diseases, many caused by poor hygiene and other localized pollution concerns accompanying poverty. Historically, coal-powered energy has played a pivotal role in helping these nations improve their healthcare facilities to support and sustain their expanding populations. A recently released critique of a report in The Lancet reaffirms the indispensable role of coal-powered electricity in improving healthcare in poor communities.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Strange Agreements and Stranger Taxes: The UN Climate Drama (Vijay Jayaraj, Cornwall Alliance) India
- Donald Trump's relations with Heads of State for France, United Kingdom, Germany, China, and Russia (Luke Baker, Reuters) USofA
- Climate change witch hunts from 1500s to now (Calvin Beisner, Gregory Wrightstone) USofA
- 7 Dead Wrong Environmental Predictions From Earth Day 1970 (Andrew Follett) USofA
- China and India will lead nuclear development (Melissa Goh, CNBC) world