Bonne Posma, physicist, Chairman, Nuclear Africa (Pty) Ltd, Founder, Saminco (USA) specializing in electric propulsion systems for off-road vehicles and underground mining conveyances. Comments by John Droz, physicist, Jon Boone, wind energy expert, Eric Jelinski nuclear and wind energy expert: Newly elected leaders in South Africa are changing the energy plan now aiming to use massive amounts of wind and solar energy instead of additional nuclear power. South Africa is unique in the world in having outstanding experience with nuclear power and production of radioisotopes for nuclear medicine. it has some of the world's top experts in nuclear energy. This paper discusses the technical consequences of using wind and solar instead of nuclear. South Africa will squander the expertise they have that can help all of Africa. Political and business lobbying with elected officials will have terrible consequences, when elected officials don't care to understand the technologies they are deciding on.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Rare Earths mining pollution in Mongolia (Tim Maughan, BBC) UK Mongolia
- SEPP Summary of Richard Lindzen at GWPF on man-made climate change (Ken Haapala) USofA UK
- Energy Security and Sovereignty (Rob Jeffrey) South Africa
- Need to wear old clothes, forgo heat, air conditioning, travel (CBS) world
- Global Warming for the Two Cultures (Richard Lindzen, GWPF) USofA UK