Keith Matheny, writer for the Detroit Free Press: Again, the Detroit Free Press is out to spread inaccurate fearmongering about nuclear power and used fuel. The city of Detroit is an economic and urban disgrace to the United States. Few businesses want to locate there. Many of the children living there receive marginal education. After World War II cities in Asia and Europe rebuilt to very high standards and got strong economies going. The United States has let Detroit fester with many abandoned industrial, commercial and residential buildings for more than half a century. Nuclear waste is among some of the easiest waste to secure, manage and store, in part because of its compact nature. Nuclear waste management would bring revenue, jobs and education opportunities to areas that are now a wasteland. The economic benefits would last centuries.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, John Shanahan) South Africa USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Wind, solar, wood, dung (National Economics Editorial) USofA