Alan Waltar, nuclear engineer, Past President of the American Nuclear Society, Chair ANS - HPS Joint Topical Conference on Applicability of Radiation-Response Models to Low Dose Protection Standards, October 1 - 3, 2018: Preliminary Program. This conference addresses one of the most important issues facing nuclear power and nuclear medicine, how to establish realistic low dose radiation protection standards. Since the beginning of use of nuclear power in the 1950s, the arbitrary Linear No-Threshold Model with Collective Dose Corollary has been used with results that vastly over predict deaths due to exposure to low dose radiation. This has added tremendous costs, held back the use of nuclear power and limited the use of nuclear medicine. This conference aims at working to establish a low dose protection standard that is based on reality of living organisms rather than an unrealistic arbitrary set of rules.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, John Shanahan) South Africa USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Wind, solar, wood, dung (National Economics Editorial) USofA