John Shanahan, civil engineer, President of Environmentalists for Nuclear - USA: Here are some mountain memories. Reflect on the importance in modern living for getting out in nature. Think of the fossil fuels that are needed to travel to these places, to build the airplanes, boats and 4-wheel drive vehicles, to manufacture the high tech equipment and clothing, and to produce the freeze dried mountain food. Extreme environmentalists claim they need to save the world from catastrophic, out of control, global warming by insisting that everyone stop using fossil fuels. Don't go to the mountains. What kind of a world will it be with only energy from windmills and solar panels manufactured by the energy from other windmills, etc. And lastly, the materials for the windmills would have to be mined by energy from windmills or use wooden windmills. Other extreme environmentalists claim that the whole world can go nuclear in 50 to 100 years. Do you want to bet you life savings on that? The world desperately needs good government and sound energy planning with fossil fuels and nuclear.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, John Shanahan) South Africa USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Wind, solar, wood, dung (National Economics Editorial) USofA