Ken Saro-Wiwa's life and death at the hands of Shell Oil and the dictatorship government in Nigeria in 1995 is not atypical. It is just well documented. The world needs to take oil out of the ground with more benefits for the people who live in the region and country and less crass enrichment for people in power. These horrible problems occur frequently with fossil fuels and much less frequently with mining uranium/thorium for nuclear power. We can't stop taking fossil fuels out of the ground. Correcting environmental and people related problems with extraction of oil and gas should be a top priority.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Need for sound infrastructure management (G C T Mathibe, John Shanahan) South Africa USofA
- Ten reasons to exit the Paris climate change agreement (Viv Forbes) Australia
- Summary of 2018 ANS - HPS Joint Conference on Low Dose Radiation and LNT (Alan Waltar) USofA
- Follow the money on man-made climate change (Paul Driessen, CFACT) USofA
- Wind, solar, wood, dung (National Economics Editorial) USofA