Adelino de Santi Junior, biologist with Nuclear Industries of Braazil: Discusses alternatives to controlling mosquitoes that transmit the Zika virus. There are three ways: a) producing genetically modified mosquitoes, b) producing sterile male mosquitoes, c) using chemicals to kill mosquitoes and other beneficial insects, etc. The first two ways could solve many mosquito problems eventually. The third way has many environmental side effects.
Latest from John Shanahan
- Sahara Desert was tropical 6000 years ago (Texas A&M;)
- How to build a nuclear power plant (The Economist)
- Introduction, conclusions and recommendations (The Right Climate Stuff)
- Germany's Energiewende - A Disaster In The Making (Fritz Vahrenholt) Germany
- This rustle in the grass is not real (Leon Louw) South Africa
Subscribe to Newsletter