Catrina Rorke, R Street: With the recently announced planned retirements of nuclear facilities in Illinois and California, nearly 10 percent of the U.S. nuclear-energy fleet either already has closed or is scheduled to close within the next 16 years. Worse, there are no plans to replace them or add new plants. Similar in Germany and soon also in Switzerland. France wisely planned to replace their nuclear power plants. Russia and China are going ahead with nuclear power for the long term future.
Latest from John Shanahan
- A nuclear America can be a great America (Michael Shellenberger)
- Proof that CO2 is not a driver of global warming (O.R. Adams, Jr., Jennifer Marohasy)
- Hubris, The troubling science, economics, and politics of climate change (Michael Hart, review Michael Kelly)
- Carbon dioxide cools the Earth (O.R. Adams Jr.)
- Evidence that man-made CO2 does not cause global warming (O.R. Adams, Jr.)